Re: [IP]Insulin bad for the body?

My husband dropped from 155 pd to 132 pd on the pump. In two years, he's
never regained that weight. Why didn't he gain weight?  He didn't change his
diet to eat all sorts of goodies he'd been missing for 25 years. In fact, he
eliminated a couple of snacks so that saved calories.  He was eating up to
his insulin.  His insulin programme--two shots / da--never let him control
his bgs well.  To get through the night he had to eat a bedtime snack.  He
really didn't even want the food, but if he didn't eat it, he'd go very low
and pass out or even convulse.

The books say the diabetic will feel hunger for the first time in years.
That's what happened to my husband.  He started saying, "I'm hungry!"  I'd
never heard him say that before.

By the way, he was never fat. He may be thinnish because his bgs are still a
little high.I'm hoping we can get a better HBa1c next month.  Fingers