[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V7 #663

In a message dated 11/14/2003 5:31:52 PM Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:
Subject: Re: [IP]Insulin bad for the body?

my daughter 3mo.diagnosed starts pumpimg next wednesday. is it true that
insulin therapy can actually make you gain weight? well if that true, what
the pump? do you gain weight too?

You can gain or lose weight, depending on how you choose to use the pump. I
have lost 30lbs on the pump as I didn't need to eat to cover the shots, but if
you choose to eat a lot and cover your glucose with extra insulin you will
 gain weight, if you don't exercise it off. The pump is a tool, it is not a
and it is up to us to use the tool how we see fit.