Re: [IP] eye update and question (and some venting too)

This is in response to Julie sharing her experience at
the eye-doctor's with her anxiety response to the

Julie, Call your MD and ask for a one-time
prescription for either Xanax or Ativan.  This is to
calm your nerves before the eye appointment and allow
you to not have such an extreme anxiety attack.  You
should be okay - more relaxed and not as anxious
before you lay down in that chair.  I have used it for
solo performances (I have stage fright as bad as
Barbra Streisand's).

Your eye doctor was recommended because of his skill
with treating the eye - not his bed-side manner.
Don't let that part sway you from getting good care.
But, call his office before hand and ask to speak to
his assistant (nurse, office manager, whomever is in
charge of patient relations).  Explain your situation
and if you need to call your regular MD and ask him to
call the eye guy and explain the problem too.

good luck.

-gail in denver

Do you Yahoo!?