Re: [IP] Re: highly resistant insulin users - Panomat pump

This is weird.  I have not read anything on the Panomat pump before
today.  Now, within two hours I see information on it TWICE!

The first time was this morning when I was catching up on some reading.
The Panomat pump is a Disetronic pump and an urgent safety alert on the
Panomat pump was issued in August (same time as the insulin pumps).  The
manufacturing (noncompliance) issue was noted, along with reference to a
waterproof issue which can 'cause a large dose of medication to be
delivered in error'.  Please note that they do not classify it a Recall.

The second time, was the posting about possibly using the Panomat which
can be set for U500 insulin.

>>Or you can use one of the Panomat pumps that are set for U500 insulin
and don't need to keep those calculations in mind.<<

Just thought I would mention this as the availability of the Panomat
pumps MAY now be an issue.

One thing I found out that I wasn't aware of was the total recall on
Dahedi pumps.

Happy Pumping!

Insulin Pumpers Canada www.insulin-pumpers.ca

Mom to Erica, a Canadian Butterfly www.canadianbutterfly.ca