[IP] Re: eye update and question

>>>I've had stuff done to my eye before never with this reaction, but I have
had it many times before in new or nervous situations...so I know he is
wrong.  Anyway what would you do?  >>>

Hey, guys, notice I snipped most of that message and cut off all the intro
stuff - a word to the wise. ;-)  Yes, Julie, I would find another doctor. I
did. I saw 5 ophthalmologists until I was desperate and asked the last
Rx'ing dr of my glasses what to do. I wanted to see but couldn't handle the
working around my face. I have to be put to sleep. I did tolerate laser and
don't know how many hits. Dr. wanted me stay another 3-4 hrs. to see that I
was doing okay but dismissed me after 1/2 hr. I was doing so well.

But, I was referred to a retinologist/vitreologist locally and he was told I
needed to be put to sleep. He called me one Mon at 8:00 a.m (I was still in
bed) and asked what my problem was. I said I panicked when someone was
working around my face. He said, "I don't want anything to do with you." I
said, "With your attitude I don't want anything to do with you, either." The
ophthalmologist asked if I was willing to go to Indy (150 mi away). I asked
if he was as nice as the ophth? Yes. I said I was willing. That vit/ret
eyeologist was verrrrrrrrrrrrry good to me! We  talked about everything from
bananas to President Clinton. I told him I couldn't keep my eyes open and he
said, "If I can work on 6 mo/o babies who can't keep their eyes open, I can
work on you.

Today I have 20/25 vision (was 20/400 with glasses at the time) and I gave
him a clear shower curtain with a verrrry large eye chart on it - the E was
about 2' long. I told him I didn't want him to ever forget me. He said,
"I'll never forget *you.*" lol He hung the curtain on a wall in a treatment
room and said it was for his very visually-handicapped patients.

Bottom line - get a compassionate doctor!!!!!1

Reading glasses are useful only when you are wearing them.

BTW - any replies to this post, PLEASE snip to relevant parts. Thanks!