[IP] Interesting observation about people

I am currently working as a substitute teacher and work with middle and high
school kids. In dealing with diabetes and being on a pump many children are
curious about both.  What is surprising is the number of kids with family
members who deal with diabetes.  When I give an explanation about my insulin
pump and how it works many kids ask "Why would someone who has to take
insulin not want to use a pump?"   This observation has really peaked my
I recon that:
people do not like change
People afraid of technology
Think it is harder (Yes it requires a real commitment to testing and carb
Education of their health care team (When I was in the ER several months ago
with a broken hand the attending had no idea how a pump worked or what the
advantages were over MDI).

I also find that most people including medical professionals are very
miss-informed about diabetes (both types). Interestingly many kids that I
talk with do know there are 2 types and know that 1 is not controlled with

Vernon Catron MBA/TM