RE: [IP] The Other Side of the Story

I was Dx with type I two months after I starting going out with then
boyfriend. We have lived through very good and uncomplicated months and
long frightening months of ICU, surgery and dangerous lows.

But after fourteen years of being together he is my partner and for
life....who ever may live longest. He comes with low health problems
with sleep apnea at the top. But who knows what will come down the bumps
in the road. These bumps are always easier to deal with pulling our best
parts out and get by.

My confidence comes that I know he is there asking the same questions I
do when I can't. That we have had that hard conversation and he knows my
wishes if I can't communicate them and I his.

As he has seen me make two days worth of phone calls with insurance
companies and doctor's office and faxing so that he could get a new mask
because his old CPAP mask broken and it was a month before we could
replace it. We had it hand delivered that night. I have seen him run up
the supervisor's on the floor and then the hospital when a resident
insulted me and then took my insulin pump away saying I was abusing it.

I know that he calls my doctor's when he finds me to drugged up or sick
to explain what is happening. He knows all the ways to get around the
different voicemail systems and who to ask for. We look out for each
other. This year a lot has been put on him. Jan to Mar in the hospital,
Apr at home, May and June back at work, July in the hospital and home,
Aug back at work, Sept and Oct in the hospital, Nov home and on IV and
shooting to be back at work part time in Dec.

I know he loves me and grateful for him every day of my life.
Gail Donohue