[IP] "Stop Delivery" - Do you use it?

I need input here.

 Does anyone actually use the "stop delivery" function. The reason I ask is that
tonight when I got home from work (@ 1:00 am), I checked Joshua (as usual) & he
was 307! WTF! I just upped his 12:00 pm - 3:00 am basal rate to .20 because he
was consistently @ 200 at 1:00 am. Then I hear "beep, beep", his pump is

 He had stopped delivery on his pump. So, he went to bed @ 9:00. Just when did
he stop delivery? (No question of why, he's 3 & doesn't know any better.)

 I'm calling Deltec tomorrow morning, the new software doesn't allow the "stop
delivery" function if you have the lock out programmed and they owe Joshua a
pump anyway.

 But why is there a "stop delivery" function? Does anyone actually use it? I
don't. If I felt the need to stop delivery that was that immediate, I'd just
yank the damn cannula out of his body.

 Sorry, I'm just venting. Imagine if I didn't do night tests? DKA - ER here we
come! I never want to go through that again.

western Massachusetts

LifeScan, Inc. http://www.lifescan.com