----- Original Message -----
From: "Mark Chorvinsky" <email @ redacted>

Does anyone know is there is a way that a 12 year old type 1 could possibly
deliver insulin from an Animas pump without the dose being recorded in the
daily Total Insulin record under History?

Ruling out a problem with the pump, our endo wonders if our son is somehow
himself insulin during the day.  The 100 grams of carbs that he needs to
get to a normal number used to raise his blood sugar level 700 points (1
gram of carbohydates used to raise him 7 blood glucose points).

How can a type 1 diabetic have a pump's basals off for five hours and no
insulin to cover lunch, and still go low and stay low while ingesting so
many carbs?  Does anyone have any ideas? This is happening nearly every

Also, are there any hormones that actually increase the efficiency of
insulin and could explain not needing insulin for 5 hours?

Mark Chorvinsky