From: email @ redacted
[mailto:email @ redacted] On Behalf Of Matt Palmer
Sent: Thursday, November 13, 2003 12:41 PM
To: email @ redacted
Subject: [IP] capping off a sillouette infusion set

You know the little plastic cap that fits into the sillouette infusion
sets on
you body  when you disconnect from your pump?  Are they for cosmetic
to keep from catching on stuff, etc., or does it serve a real purpose?
always dutifully plug in my little cap when I shower or bathe, but it's
hassle.  Is there any harm in leaving it off?  As far as I can see, the
cap is
not waterproof anyway.  I don't think it effectively plugs the set.
bath water enter the catheter without it?

Thanks for the help.  I know only an IPer can understand the strange
details we deal with!  :)

Yessi Palmer