From: Dianna Inkster email @ redacted
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 20:39:54 +0000
To: email @ redacted
Subject: Re: [IP] 30-40 min after insulin

"Pumping insulin" says 15 m. before you eat, doesn't it?  I just finished a
continuous glucose monitoring devide 3-day session.  Most of the time, we
took the insulin 15 min before eating, a couple of times we didn't.  My
husband's blood sugars go up when the insulin is delivered just as he
starts
to eat, but they don't go out of range and they come right back down again.

I found that I could bolus 15 m. before he ate, because we had so much
recording to do that the time was quickly used up!  In the normal run of
things?  I don't think so!  Also, my kids are not living at home!  That
means I get to devote the time I used to have for them to my husband and
his
diabetes.  I think I would find all this measuring and calculating and
testing a major difficulty, if the kids were still here.