Re: [IP] Re: lost eye site

I found your letter about insurance interesting!  My husband suffered
hearing loss,the loss of both hands, and the use of one eye in an accident.
He'd just bought an insurance policy and the co. waived his premiums for
about a year until he started working again.  When he was back on his feet,
he started paying premiums again.

Years later, the policy was almost paid up!  He was taking a course because
he was in the insurance biz.  He came across a section that said that if you
lost a limb, you didn't have to pay premiums.  He wrote the company.
Someone answered him that that section was obsolete and he had to pay.

He is now totally disabled. (LOL!) Add hypoglycemia unawareness, brittle
diabetes if not on pump, brain injury, lack of ability to smell and taste to
the list. Another policy he had, a larger one, had waiver of premium, if he
was totally disabled. The company sent us a form that would have taken a
year to fill out. They finally accepted a xerox of the documentation we sent
to Canada Pension, plus a short letter from his doctor!

After two or three years, the company will decide again if he is totally

Canadian insurance companies really play hardball!