Re: [IP] The Other Side of the Story

Being in your son's position of a person who's had to date and get
married with her diabetes...

If I had met a guy who hesitated to marry me because of my diabetes then
what would he do if we'd been married for 5 years and I was dx with Type
2... or breast cancer and had to have my breasts cut off.

If I had come across a person like that, I wouldn't have continued
dating them. I'd have been badly hurt, but I'd have looked until I found
someone like my George who actually loves me.

Your coworker (Mark ?) may be callous. He may not understand the concept
of "To have and to hold, to love and to cherish, for better and for
worse, for richer and for poorer, in sickness and in health, as long as
we both shall live." I expect his comment, and your initial agreement,
is a reaction to his daughter's pain. That is something no parent wants
for their child; not me and not you.

I hate diabetes too, but if you raise your little boy to be a
self-assured and confident young man... he will find a healthy
relationship with a woman who will love him for everything he is.
Diabetes will just become something to work on together.

If you want, I'll hook you up with my husband so you can learn if my
diabetes ever caused him to hesitate on our relationship.