RE: [IP] Insulin bad for the body?

But my endo (a new one for me) told me to lose 50 of my 230 pounds (I'm
6'0" tall) and TO DO IT on the Atkins diet.  He said, in answer to my
question about too muckh protein and kidneys, that it was only a problem
for those in "Stage three renal failure."  I have no kidney problems and
only very minor other complications after almost 47 years of taking
insulin.  I've been on Atkins since 10-1-03 and have lost 13 pounds so
far.  My goal is to be at 180 by my 60th birthday next April.

Joel
(dx 1956 at age 12; pumping since 1981; currently using MM508)