[IP] Re: insulin is bad for the body

I'm no medical professional, but these are my thoughts: Excess insulin is
bad for your body whether you make it or you pump it. So a out-of-whack,
unbalanced, overprocessed, supersized, sugar and flour-laden American diet
that requires way too much insulin to manage is bad for me, the pump-using
diabetic, its bad for my still-normal friends dealing with weight gain and
increasing insulin resistance, and it's not that great for my non-diabetic
friends with their perfect internal "pumps" either. But a healthy diet for
me does contain a balance of whole grains, beans, fruits, veggies, protein
foods, and occasional treats...all foods that require insulin to manage.
Thank God I can take insulin in order to eat, metabolize and use plenty of
good food and use a pump to administer it as much like a normal healthy
eater's pancreas as possible.  Back before the manufacture of insulin,
diabetics ate no-carb starvation diets to try to live a little longer.
We've come a long way.

Laura G.
violinist 30 years, diabetic 23 years with no complications yet, pumping
with MM507C 4 years, breast cancer survivor of 5 years, who is very happy
that the Animas pump she's trying has been soothed into silence with a new