Re: [IP] Insulin bad for the body?

 As a matter of fact, I have heard this theory. I don't understand the purpose,
but it is a statement for diabetics and the rest of the population. I think this
is one of the reasons for the high protein/low carb diet. I'll see if I can find
out what the basis is for this.
 My nephrologist very clearly told me not to follow anthing that increases my
protein intake.
 I was curious and asked him on Monday about the 'healthiness' of the protein
diet for me.
oops, wrong question...
Lisa Ann
dm 1970, pumping 1989 on MM508
"The more people I meet, the more I love my dog."

email @ redacted wrote:
In a message dated 11/12/03 11:43:27 PM US Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> I was just talking to someone who's had diabetes his whole life (40+
> years).
> And he said that insulin is bad for the body. So all diabetes should be on
> a no to low carb diets so they don't need to take as much insulin. He
> thinks it's terrible how medical prefessionals tell diabetes - you can eat
> like everyone else just take enough insulin to cover it. This is the first
> time I've ever heard this theory. Is there any truth to this?

Quick! How many people in the United States use insulin?

Answer: All of 'em. We just do mechanically what everybody else's body does

So what's this about insulin being bad for your body? Somebody with diabetes
eats something, he/she injects insulin. Somebody withOUT diabetes eats
something, their *own body* "injects" insulin.

Maybe everybody shouldn't eat carbs? Or is it that everybody *can* eat carbs?
Even us!

Jan and ElvisToo