    We never know what will happen to us tomorrow, let alone what will happen
20 years down the road!  We have been married 40 years and we were both
 "healthy" at that time. We were turned down for adoption 36 years ago because I
had become diabetic by then.  We were able to adopt through a different agency
and raised two healthy children who are now leading productive lives.
    Twenty-one years ago, my husband became disabled due to numerous
 neurological problems and I am now a five-year survivor of breast cancer. There
no question of being divorced because of the various health problems.  I think
that COMMITMENT is what a relationship is all about!
    Since being on the pump for 4 years, my A1c's have improved and life is
 rosy - even though our daughter and three children are currently living with us
because of a messy divorce.  Attitude makes a huge difference.  If I were to
be unhappy, the grandchildren would be having more difficulties, too.  SMILE!!
Melanie Stevens