Re: [IP] Insulin bad for the body?

In a message dated 11/12/03 11:43:27 PM US Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> I was just talking to someone who's had diabetes his whole life (40+
> years).
> And he said that insulin is bad for the body.  So all diabetes should be on
> a no to low carb diets so they don't need to take as much insulin.  He
> thinks it's terrible how medical prefessionals tell diabetes - you can eat
> like everyone else just take enough insulin to cover it.  This is the first
> time I've ever heard this theory.  Is there any truth to this?

Quick! How many people in the United States use insulin?

Answer: All of 'em. We just do mechanically what everybody else's body does

So what's this about insulin being bad for your body? Somebody with diabetes
eats something, he/she injects insulin. Somebody withOUT diabetes eats
something, their *own body* "injects" insulin.

Maybe everybody shouldn't eat carbs? Or is it that everybody *can* eat carbs?
Even us!

Jan and ElvisToo