Subject: [IP] 508 eating batteries- help please!

I had a MM 508 that I had to change batteries on every 17 days or so.  I
called MiniMed several times about it and they claimed there was nothing wrong
with my pump.  When that pump finally failed for another reason and I got a
new pump, the batteries lasted me 8 weeks.  I still have this pump and am
thankful I don't have to buy batteries so often.  I would complain and ask for
a new pump.  They should send you a reconditioned one.  That is what I got and
it works fine.

Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 21:45:54 EST
From: email @ redacted

I have had my MM 508 since May 2003.  In the last few months I have had to
keep replacing the batteries sometimes every three weeks, every two weeks.
 After a month of this, MM sent me a new battery holder and a new set of
 I still have the problem.  I get my batteries from MM. Anyone have this
 problem? When I had my MM 507C, I changed the batteries every 5 weeks and
got a low battery alarm like I am getting with my MM508.