[IP] 508 eating batteries- help please!

I have had my MM 508 since May 2003.  In the last few months I have had to
keep replacing the batteries sometimes every three weeks, every two weeks.
 After a month of this, MM sent me a new battery holder and a new set of
 I still have the problem.  I get my batteries from MM. Anyone have this
 problem? When I had my MM 507C, I changed the batteries every 5 weeks and never
got a low battery alarm like I am getting with my MM508.