Re: [IP] hypoglycemic unawareness

<<<<I normally check my B>S> prior to driving and I had checked it
within the
last two hr. the last reading being 98. The EMT got 40 and I had a candy
wrapper in my hand. Its been almost a week and I still don't want to
drive much and
IM eating everytime I turn the engine on but I know this is not the
Help Please. IM thinking about a gluco watch what do you think? Any

I'm glad you weren't hurt and that you didn't hurt anyone else.
I would never rely on a blood sugar within the last 2 hrs to determine
whether I should drive or not.  I test before I drive.  If I am in the
middle of  a lot of driving, I make sure I am testing at least every
hour I am out and about, if I'm doing a lot of walking in stores I
retest more often than that and/or make sure I've got more carbs on
board to cover the exercise.  2 hrs are a big time frame to rely on your
blood sugar staying near 100.
I'd try testing more often, if it were me, before going to the expense
of a gluco watch.

pumping since 08-00