[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V7 #654

In a message dated 11/12/2003 12:07:43 AM Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:
Subject: Re: [IP] hypoglycemic unawareness

in 1975-6, i had a fairly serious car accident.... like 3 flips, over an
it was quite horrific... there was no other vehicle involved, and i left
the hospital, the next day, with
little more, then something called "event amnesia". i remember Nothing......
this was way before "modern" testing, at least for me.

my bs was around 60, at the hospital.
now, what i can tell you, is, i can walk around my house, at 40, feeling
just fine. today...
i can not say, if that was the case back then, but if so, 60, is (was) not
ALL that low

I think i have heard, that trauma (or something scary like an accident) can
lower bs

Actually, it's the opposite. You release adrenaline, which increases your
glucose, so when you had your accident, it was probably lower.