[IP] Re: lost eye site

In a message dated 11/12/03 12:05:32 AM Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> That is terrible. The same thing happened to my brother except he hit a
> woman
> head on (she is fine) and he wound up being flown to the hospital on July
> 14,
> 2003. He broke his pelvis and lost sight in his left eye

I, too, lost the sight in my left eye about 10 years ago due to a freak
 accident. It's like losing a limb and it is very difficult to adjust. If you'd
like some thoughts and hints, please feel free to e-mail me off list.  Also,
 losing sight in an eye equals loss of limb to the life insurance companies and
can collect 1/2 his policy without it changing what his beneficiary gets when
he dies.  Just an interesting FYI.