Re: [IP] The GOOD in Diabetes

In a message dated 11/12/2003 12:48:25 AM Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:
Gail wrote about seeing her long lost best buddy who was also DM, and
what a
great story it was - thanks for sharing it with us.  I have to whole
agree...even with the lasers, the kidney studies, the highs, the lows,
dumb ass doctors, the nurse ratchets, the stupid people on the subway
who watch
me test my blood, I am STILL grateful to diabetes....some of my best
in the world I met in spite of  diabetes.  I am also a stronger, more
outspoken, independant woman in spite of, or perhaps because of, being

Sure, I would much prefer NOT to have diabetes at all - I am not an
but I do see the silver lining in this crappy hand we've been
it all the time...must accept it and be one with it, and I suppose I
have (at
least today....tomorrow or next week when I start dialysis I will be
about it again I am sure).

Thanks Gail...and to those on this list who are counted in that precious

group of my loved ones - you know who you are.....I'm glad I had the
chance to
know you....

 I am not a spin master as many people on this list are. It maybe right brain
left brain who knows. I think Diabetes is a horrible thing to have, but I
also know because of this I watch what is good and bad for me. I see more Drs.
 than any of my friends and I am sure if not for Diabetes I would not care about
or take the 4 maintenance pills I take each day. So my spin on this is
Diabetes made me be more aware of what is and is not good for me.
This coming week end Tom Beatson is coming to Boston for Joslin's annual
 meeting I hope I can get together with him. If not for Diabetes I would never
Sara Jan Tom oh you get the picture Roger C