Dear George,
  Sorry to disagree with you but the Animas IR1200 is not going to be the best
pump ever. First of all, it will only hold a total of 200 units of insulin.
About 2 days maybe more maybe less for me that is unacceptable to me. Why didn't
animas pay attention to minimed's cut down in reservoir size. IMHO greed. They
have an agreement to upgrade everyone on the I1000 or IR1000 series whenever
they put out a new pump if your pump breaks. Well guess what.....they changed
the line. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that plain old greed in my
mind. I am currently trying to figure out which pump I will be going with when
my 508 runs out of warranty and after watching all the crud you have to go
through to do a simple bolus would never go with the IR1000 series. Also I like
the ability to stop a bolus fast. I could not stop a bolus on the animas that
fast. I was able to stop both the 512 and Cozmo within seconds of starting the
bolus. Sorry. You may state your beliefs, but I am gonna state mine. The only
Best pump ever will be one which doesn't require blood testing.