Re: [IP] The GOOD in Diabetes

Sara, Gail, I applaud you both and have been fortunate enough to meet
one of you and talk to the other.  I agree with "the good side" remember
Gail it was a diabetic thing....lol.     Take care all Scott

>>> email @ redacted 11/11/03 15:18 PM >>>
Gail wrote about seeing her long lost best buddy who was also DM, and
what a
great story it was - thanks for sharing it with us.  I have to whole
heartedly
agree...even with the lasers, the kidney studies, the highs, the lows,
the
 dumb ass doctors, the nurse ratchets, the stupid people on the subway
who watch
me test my blood, I am STILL grateful to diabetes....some of my best
friends
in the world I met in spite of  diabetes.  I am also a stronger, more
 outspoken, independant woman in spite of, or perhaps because of, being
diabetic

Sure, I would much prefer NOT to have diabetes at all - I am not an
IDIOT,
 but I do see the silver lining in this crappy hand we've been
dealt..can't
curse
it all the time...must accept it and be one with it, and I suppose I
have (at
least today....tomorrow or next week when I start dialysis I will be
whining
about it again I am sure).

Thanks Gail...and to those on this list who are counted in that precious

group of my loved ones - you know who you are.....I'm glad I had the
chance to
know you....

SSP