Re: [IP] hypoglycemic unawareness

For the person with hypoglycemic unawareness who likes to drive:

Are you on a pump?  If you have to drive a long distance, let your bg go a
bit high, eat something that will digest over a long period and test every
hour as you go.  My husband has hypoglycemic unawareness and while we don't
drive a lot, he has never had a problem, since he went on the pump.  5.5.
(l98) is a little low, isn't it, for driving with hypoglycemic unawareness?

As one diabetes expert told a diabetic patient, "You can have a lot of
hyperglycemia, but one hypoglycemic incident could kill you!