Re: [IP] hypoglycemic unawareness

 That is terrible. The same thing happened to my brother except he hit a woman
head on (she is fine) and he wound up being flown to the hospital on July 14,
2003. He broke his pelvis and lost sight in his left eye. He stayed in the
hospital for a month. I have never had that happen but I have checked mine after
driving sometimes and it be in the 50's. But I handle low sugars really well.
The Glucowatch sounds like a good choice. I wish my brother would get one.

 email @ redacted wrote:Insulin Pumpers is made possible by your tax deductible

Sorry but I have to ventilate. People around me say they know how I feel but
diabetics are the only ones who know how I feel. I had an accident and was
hypoglycemic when the EMT got there. It was scary I could not remember
anything except passing interstate 255 I was almost 20 miles south and in a
ditch in
a town I had never been in before. Apparently according to witnesses I blew
my right front tire, drove another 5-6 blocks without slowing down and ran into
a ditch. This was told to me by the state police in the ER. I don't
remember any of it. Thank God no one else was involved. Now people keep asking
they will take my license away. That would be a tragedy for me as IM single
and public transportation is almost nil.
I normally check my B>S> prior to driving and I had checked it within the
last two hr. the last reading being 98. The EMT got 40 and I had a candy
in my hand. Its been almost a week and I still don't want to drive much and
IM eating everytime I turn the engine on but I know this is not the answer.
Help Please. IM thinking about a gluco watch what do you think? Any

Do you Yahoo!?