Re: [IP] The good side of DM

Thank you for sharing, Gail! How timely your story is! I was pondering
the other day, how many of my friends I *wouldn't* have in my life right
now if it weren't for the diabetes. Since Shannon's diagnosis 7yrs ago,
I have made so many friends (life-long, not just acquaintances), met
countless wonderful people, and experienced many wonderful things (like
counseling at diabetes camp) - because of the diabetes. So has Shannon.
I/we never would have crossed paths with them or had these experiences
had it not been for the diabetes, and that is a sad thought. They have
all enriched my life so much! I wholeheartedly agree with your
sentiment! :-)

Take care, Kerri - IP Parents-of-Pumpers chat host and mom of Shannon
(email @ redacted 11/96, pumping email @ redacted 11/99, pumping email @ redacted 8/03 and loving
it!), and her 7 siblings  :-)
"I count carbs, not sheep!"
Gail said:
And, NOTHING will ever sway me that having diabetes
has not brought at least one wonderful thing into my
life - a friendship like this.