Re: [IP] Re: DKA is what it was

When the regime was two shots a day (after Lente was discovered) or even 1
and there was no glucose meters-- My husband has been a diabetic for 25
years so I can remember back that far, especially since he has only been
able to use a glucose meter since the first alternate site meter came
out--kids could get responsible.  Now, however, with all the math and
measuring of food and bolusing and remembering what happened yesterday plus
what time of the day it is and what might happen in the late afternoon etc.
etc. etc., I think even the experts are saying that the kids might need a
little help.  Hypoglycemic unawareness plus the mood swings might also cause
anyone, not just kids problems.