RE: [IP] Disappointed in ER (the TV show)

Yeah, I was disappointed too, but for different reasons.

Yes, they've done type 1 twice before (okay, I'm an ER junkie, haven't ever
missed an episode.  But it IS the only show I TiVo - my husband gets all the
rest.)  but not very well - once a bad hypo that was never explained and the
other a toe removal.  The son had had a bowl of ice cream and was standing by
the video game with what looked like a twizzler in his mouth (presuming he'd
had a lot of candy).  The nurse yells at Kovac telling him that he was
hyperglycemic (not hypo) which makes sense after all the candy.  Then she
holds out his forearm to show his medic id while asking her son if he'd taken
any insulin.

Yes, you do act funny when you're very high and her son indeed looked
lethargic, sleepy, and generally out-of-it.  Someone else commented on the
mother's comment of, "can't you smell it?"  I thought that was pretty darn
good since they're referring to that sweet ketone breath you look for during
dka episodes.  So I don't think they did too bad a job.  I was more
disappointed that they didn't go into more detail or make it more of the story
line but I'm hoping that will come later.

Oh, and the nurse she replaced was Abbey, not Maggie.  Did I mention I'm an ER
nerd??  :)