RE: [IP] Air bubbles in resevior

What I was shown when I first started to use the pump was to do the

- Knock as many bubbles to the top of the res as possible
- Pull some air into the so it is below the bubbles. This should cause
them to pop.

If you must have a large amount of insulin in your res, try doing this
when the res is half full and then pulling the rest of the insulin out.
I often find I do not have as many air bubbles enter the res afterwards.

Another tip is to have your insulin be *slightly warm* before you draw
insulin. If the insulin is cold, you can get a lot of little bubbles. If
you do not keep a bottle out all the time (I always carry mine around
with me (protected from heat/cold) and since I go through a bottle every
few weeks, it doesn't go bad), then pull it out at least 20 minutes
prior to drawing insulin. You might roll it *gently* in your hands to
warm it.

Another item to keep in mind is that it is OK to have *some* small
bubbles in your pump. You're only risking missing a bunch of insulin if
there is a large bubble.

I used to react to the tape also, but not any more. I use a Sil and
IV3000 tape (or Tegaderm) to tape to my skin. I don't know if I just got
used to the tape or what...

Good luck!