[IP] Re: vitrectomies LONG

SSPAZ wrote:
> 5/10/00 <snip>
>  OK so you are going to get a local here.  I said
> "no, it was general," and he said "no, the chart said local"

With my 2 cataract surgeries and vitrectomy, I was put OUT! I know there are
others like me who cannot tolerate work around my face (teeth, eyes, nose,
etc.) and require unawareness of lala land. I was concerned about the
requirement of being awake and the eyeologist said, "If I can work on 6 mos.
old babies who can't hold still, I can work on you." Bless him!!!

> then they wheel me in my big ass lazy boy recliner into the pre-op room...

So that's what that chair I sit in for dialysis is called. hmmmmm

> I asked him if I should not be working on the computer or reading...He was
> like bah...you are gonna jiggle your eyes, just watching TV or talking to
>  someone...so don't worry about it

I was not allowed to read as scanning the pages would be too much
*jiggling.* I had unlimited TV privileges but the 15 drops a day I had
mostly put me to sleep. A couple of the drops were for pain. They had
stopped those and I had some severe pain on a holiday and had to get hold of
them. Opening my lid was excruciating. When I finally got the nurse at home
interrupting her caring for her crying baby, she told me to go back to the
bottle with the red lid - it was for pain. Soooooooo, why wasn't I given
that instruction before so I wouldn't have had to suffer and she wouldn't
have been interrupted????

According to a recent survey, men say the first thing they notice about a
woman is her eyes, and women say the first thing they notice about men is
they're a bunch of liars.