RE: [IP] Air bubbles in resevior

A very patient an dear person on IP (a professor and I forget his name now)
worked with me on this problem.

Firstly, you need to have the insulin at room temp before filling the

Then you fill it and leave it standing at your medium temp.  ie:  I live in
Florida and it's very warm so I fill the reservoir and leave it on the table
outside until it reaches the same outdoor temp for a few hours.

Then all or most of the air bubbles rise to the top and any others, I just
tap to the top and squeeze out before I attach it to my set.

I don't have any huge air bubbles any longer and no problems with missing
any of my basal rates.

Also, make certain that before you put any insulin in the reservoir, that
you move it up and down (the plunger) and twist it around to lubricate it.

If you draw beneath the 300 U mark, you will ALWAYS draw air.

Hope this helps.

Kathy Bruckmeyer