[IP] Re: vitrectomy experience

Mike, I am a bit surprised  to hear that they are doing both the vitrectomy
and the cataract at the same time. You must have youth on your side. The
vitrectomy and all of the injections ( except that damn  IV thing that goes
into your wrist) are done while you are out  ; how deeply seems to vary. I
woke up once to watch things from the inside - made the mistake of asking a
question- a bad time to talk to the surgeon- people scrambled and the lights
went out again. Still, I didn't feel any thing and was completely calm. I
have never had problems ( apprehension of the unknown -yes) with shots
either on the table or in the office chair. My patch came off the next day (
and stayed off) when the doc checked his work. If they are going to do
something to the retina there may be a period of blurred vision. From my
experience I can tell you --don't worry.            Peter