RE: [IP] Infusion sight troubleshooting

Sorry everyone.  I realized that the attachment would have been too
large and tried to stop the send.  Apparently it got through anyway,
minus the decision tree chart.  If anyone wants a copy, please email me
directly.

<snip>

I found the attached decision chart from the book, Optimal Pumping, very
helpful, since it spelled out the process as a decision tree, rather
than a list of instructions.

Antonio in Los Angeles
Age 37, Type 1 for 10 years
Paradigm 512

<snip>
I recently had a problem and wanted to "test" the infusion site.

1.  Never keep bolusing to bring down your BG.  Inject using the same
insulin from the same vial the pump was filled with if possible, that
way,
you can check not only the infusion site but the insulin as well.  Who
knows
the insulin is bad.

2.  If the BG goes down after injecting, change the infusion set (I was
told
that by Minimed)

3.  If the BG does not go down after an injected bolus, your insulin is
bad,
change the reservoir after you BG goes down of course with new insulin
from
a different vial.

Hope this helps you guys, It sure makes sense to me, but I am just a
rookie
still.

Mark Thomas
---