[IP] Re: Diabetes in ER

> I'm not claiming victim status in the slightest. I'm stating a fact that
you
>went personal very quickly.

Ryan, the only thing I accused ANYONE in this whole fiasco is hearingloss.  If
you want to call that a personal attack go ahead.  With that said, you could
probably hear alot better if you took your head out of your.........(You know
how this one goes, hehe!)

> I also didn't overreact.

Bah!  You crying victim was an overreaction in and of itself.  I wasn't even
responding to you per-se, but to another poster who heard the show correctly
and to whom I was agreeing with.  I might have quoted your phrasing of
"disappointed" but that's all, before you responded I didn't even know that
you existed.  If anything, I was talking disappointed to the extent to which
the show was slammed afterword.

>I believe my initial post on the subject was balanced,
>and I said I was a "bit disappointed" with ER on the matter because they try
so
>hard to be as accurate as possible. (They have multiple medical
professionals
>they consult in order to attempt to be accurate.)

It's a television show, they are going to DRAMATIZE events for the sake of
entertainment at the expense of ultimate realism.

>All I'm saying is that I was abit disappointed in how they handled this Type
1 situation, since they really
>haven't dealt with Type 1 before. Hopefully it will improve.

Whatever, it's a television show, they are going to DRAMATIZE events for the
sake of entertainment at the expense of ultimate realism.  Actually this isn't
the 1st time they have dealt with Type 1 at all.  There was an episode where
one of the Doc's (parent to the deaf boy) went to small southern town where a
little girl had Type 1.  That show was a complete MOCKERY.  That show sent the
IP list into a JUSTIFIABLE frenzy for dialog that was little more than B.S.
They certainly didnt "attempt to be accurate" there.  This episode was at
least believable and could be justified, push come to shove.

> If anyone is overreacting, your comments indicate you are overreacting to
me.:-)

Up until now....no.  I was just posting an honest counterpoint.  This latest
response, just tells me how defensive you are.