[IP] hypoglycemic unawareness

Sorry but I have to ventilate.  People around me say they know how I feel but
diabetics are the only ones who know how I feel.  I had an accident and was
hypoglycemic when the EMT got there.  It was scary I could not remember
 anything except passing interstate 255 I was almost 20 miles south and in a
ditch in
a town I had never been in before.  Apparently according to witnesses I blew
 my right front tire, drove another 5-6 blocks without slowing down and ran into
a ditch.  This was told to me by the state police in the ER.  I don't
 remember any of it. Thank God no one else was involved. Now people keep asking
they will take my license away.  That would be a tragedy for me as IM single
and public transportation is almost nil.
I normally check my B>S> prior to driving and I had checked it within the
 last two hr. the last reading being 98. The EMT got 40 and I had a candy
in my hand.  Its been almost a week and I still don't want to drive much and
IM eating everytime I turn the engine on but I know this is not the answer.
Help Please.  IM thinking about a gluco watch  what do you think?  Any