Re:[IP] fish or cut bait

On Monday, November 10, 2003, Bob Alexander <email @ redacted>

> Which is more important, maintaining a working relationship with my
> endo, or having a CDE i can work with?
I agree with the previous posts that you should mention your problems
with the CDE to the endo, if you like him.  LOL  I know the problem
with not having some medical people recognize non-packaged foods as
being really food. I once had a dietician give me a printed diet made
up entirely of fast food and packaged foods -- well, I guess it
included some raw fruits, but a typical lunch was a MacDonald's
hamburger, and the vegetables directions called for such things as
sawing a box of frozen vegetables in half.  When I expressed wonder at
the whole idea, she insisted most people preferred it that way -- so,
presumably, I should, too.  Maybe if you showed your CDE some of your
sources for the nutritional information for the foods you eat?  But, of
course, that is you helping her, not her helping you <gr.> -- is there
anything she IS helpful with?

I once began seeing an endo primarily because I liked the CDE, and then
she left within the year!  I had to re-negotiate my  whole relationship
with the endo, at that point.  So I'd be a little worried about leaving
an endo I liked.  That CDE I liked so much was a pumper, and I would
think that would certainly usually be a plus, but I went to a pumping
endo once (walked out during the first visit) who would have been a
horrible doctor for me -- she didn't listen, and was dictatorial.  Do
you KNOW that you can work well with the pumping CDE?

But of course, the free parking ... <gr.>

Linda Z