[IP] Victrectomy

HI all,
I am having a victrectomy and a lens implant next week. The first one was
called off because the doctor had an emergency.
Can anyone who has had this done tell me what to expect    before, during, and
after.  Can you see the instruments while they are doing the surgery or are
the lights to bright. Where do they inject the local. I know it`s not into
your eyeball but t must be darn close.  Hope about the drugs the give you by
iv did they send you into lala land. And last how long did you have to where a
patch on your eye.  As usual I understand YMMV    mike in Canada  Nice day
here six degrees Canadian that`s around 42  American.