[IP] Re: Fish or Cut Bait

Bob Said:
>Second question or thought: I go to a medium size endo clinic. i like
>my doc, though we disagree about the effects of maintenance steroids on
>BG. He is both a nice guy and a good doc. He helped my Mom out as best
>he could.

I have the same situastion with my endo.  The man's a sweetheart (saved my
life quite a few times) but refuses to believe that steroids are part of my
high bg problems. (Of course, now that he's cut them in *half* and I'm
bottoming out all the time, he just might believe me now.)

>Which is more important, maintaining a working relationship with my
>endo, or having a CDE i can work with?

First, I'd check and see if I could talk to the other CDE without having to
change docs.  If not, I'd discuss what's been going on with your current
endo.  Maybe he would be willing to write you a referral to the CDE who has
knowledge about the pump you use.

If you change endos, is there anyone at the bigger facility that has
knowledge of working with a pt. with multiple disabilities?  You'd be amazed
at how many docs look at me funny when I mention A.D. - they've either never
heard of it (until I say "Kennedy"), or they refuse to believe I have it
(along with everything else).

In short,b I think if you like your endo, and he's been good for you so far,
see if you can work around the CDE problems.

Weird Jenn
email @ redacted

Crave some Miles Davis or Grateful Dead?  Your old favorites are always
playing on MSN Radio Plus. Trial month free!