[IP] Re: Not Quitting But Close To It

I have an extra Silhouette that I'm not going to use and I can send you a
Sof Set to try, if you'd like to try different sets.  Email me off list
(email @ redacted) and we can exchange addresses, if you'd like.

I like the QuikSets myself, mainly because of the disconnect at the site
(SofSets have a "tail), but definately had better results with the SS.

Weird Jenn
email @ redacted

>Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 04:23:00 -0800 (PST)
>From: Debra Depuy <email @ redacted>
>Subject: [IP] Not quitting but close to it
>I need some help.  I'm a newbie to the pump.  I've had it for 5 weeks.
>Last night and today I am working through a pump crisis.  My worst fear
>about going on the pump is that it would stop working.  Well, the pump
>is working but it is not accomplishing its function.  In other words,
>the insulin is not getting to my body which in my opinion is just as
>bad.  Before going on the pump I had not had a BG over 300 in a year
>(I've only had diabeasties for 1 year and 5 months).  So some how in
>inserting the quickset something is going wrong.  I am using 6mm QS
>with the quicksetter.  The location is just above the belly button
>crease - about 1 inch a above that fold.  I don't have very much fat
>but I can pinch a good inch there.  Twice I have taken out the "bad"
>site to find it never went in.  One time it had gone in but the end of
>the cannual was bent.  This is the second time in 5 weeks that I have
>had this crisis.  I'm on my 4th site in 24 hours and I'm not sure this
>one is good.  I'm not stupid.  I am trainable.  What am I doing wrong?
>I have called my pump trainer but I think you guys might be better at
>finding my errors.  I only read the digest so by the time I get this
>digest I hope I have a good site going again.

Compare high-speed Internet plans, starting at $26.95.