[IP] MM 2001 and 1999 billing

MM send me a bill with a couple of old, very old dates and a significant
amount of money asking for immediate payment.    I just sent them my usual
monthly payment of $100 and said, something about "I have sent you regular
payments for more than 8 years, how you applied them is not my problem and
your poor bookkeeping is also not my problem.

I think they have lost their mind about me paying something 3 and 4 years
old.  Where has that bill been, and I want a complete statement detailing
Weird, huh?