RE: [IP] Re: old MM bill

If they had a contract with the insurance company to accept a certain amount
as the payment, they CAN NOT attempt to go back to the insured after the
fact to recover the difference between the contracted amount and what the
full retail is.  They agreed to take a lesser amount when they signed the
contract with the insurance company.  When Minimed merged with Medtronic the
contract remained in force and is still binding and they still can't go
after the insured for the difference.  I would contact your insurance
company and tell them what MM is trying to do.  I'm sure that the insurance
company will put a stop to it in a big hurry.

Bruce

I called regarding MY bill and was told that is EXACTLY what is going on.
They used to just "let slide" the difference between negotiated price
(including my
co-pay) and their retail price. Now they are going back after that amount.
Only
thing I couldn't determine was how far back they were reaching to clean this
up.
I start pumping in January, 2001.

Somehow, it bothers me. Maybe they deserve to collect that money, but a note
of explanation would make them appear a little less greedy and grasping. I
mean, they didn't make a peep for 2.5 years...

Diana

Thanks Diana for the input.  Now I have a leg to stand on when I call them
again tomorrow.
~Donna K