Re: [IP] Re: Disappointed in ER

> When watching the broadcast last Thursday night, I felt very secure that
> had said that the boy was HYPERGLYCEMIC.  Now after reading all of the
> about the issue, I went back and re-watched the episode (my boyfriend
> overnight and we record ER every week so he can watch it), and I still
> confident that the nurse/mom stated HYPERGLYCEMIC.  She does say it very
> but
> I can distinctly hear hyperglycemic, not hypoglycemic

I agree.. that's what I thought I had heard.  I was almost positive she said
Hyperglycemic, because almost immediately I expected the he's diabetic part.
As for the looking funny thing... the kicker wouldn't have been the fruity
breathe for me... Caitlyn doesn't get that with just I high BG that is all
that noticeable... she generally only gets the distinct acetone smell when
she is sick or DKA... again YMMV, even on a television show....hopefully
they will expand upon it a bit and show the realities of diabetes from many
points of view...(mom, kid, Doctor)... it could prove interesting.

Carrie, mom to Caitlyn, dx'd 20 months, 8 1/2, pumping almost 3 1/2 years