[IP] Animas Insulin pump testing

The long reply on the Animas insulin pump and it operation and testing
criteria is indeed impressive.  As with any piece of medical equipment used
on humans, all pumps have to fall under the same amount of scrutiny and
testing.  As to the programming I can't compare the Animas pump to any other
pump since we don't have the data on those pumps.  I am sure that it is
something similar.

What I don't understand is how come we make such a big deal about the
machine that delivers the insulin to the infusion set and then turn around
and insert a needle and cannula into our bodies manufactured in some foreign
country where who knows what goes on.

I think we need a long post on this.  Perhaps the gentleman that posted the
phenomimal features of the Animas pump would like to take a swing at this

I think I will and will let you all know what I find out.

Mark Thomas