[IP] Re:MM and a surprise bill from 2001

>>You are not alone. I too recently received a bill from MM going back to
2001. I also have been receiving my supplies all along. What I think is
happening is that, even though they have a "negotiated rate" with the
insurance company (in this case, Aetna), they are trying to recover the
difference between what insurance pays and MM's "retail" price, which
according to my calculations is as much as 40%. Maybe Medtronic, after
buying MM, decided to try to wring out all the old "collectibles" they

So I will be calling them Monday to see what can be done to put this to bed.

JP, good luck trying to call them because I have called them twice and I have
not heard back yet.  After about 15 minutes of waiting on the phone and
 answering service took a message and told me that they have 48 hours to call me
it has been well over 48 hours.  The second time I called, they had 24 hours
to call me, I still have not heard from them.  I am really upset because when
I originally got the bill in October, they were going to "resubmit" it and
told me to not worry about it.  Well, I then get a "second" letter threatening
 collections! I will be calling again first thing Monday and hope I can talk to
a person responsible for it.  What a pain in the you know where!
Donna K.