[IP] Re: 25 & 50 yr. awards

>>>Goodness!  I don't think that way, but I think you're absolutely right...
and that's *if* I can even track down the doctor now... thank God for
Moms... because she'll remember my 8yo details lol >>>

Fortunately, this 11 y/o (now 64) was keeping a diary at the time of dx and
several months leading up to it. I had documentation for my Joslin 50-yr
bronze medal by photocopying some diary pages and some BG tests from the lab
(one a day in the hosp.). But, I think all you parents could do your DMers a
real favor by journaling much of what is going on with them today and any
memories you can document since one day they'll be 64 y/o and you may not be
around. They won't remember what went on and wish they had something in
writing. I have things written like when I was discouraged cuz each time I
went to the dr. (3 mos) he raised my insulin 2 more units. I thought I was
getting worse. But it's interesting to see the trends and treatments.
Wouldn't the events of pump start be helpful for them to have to be able to
check back and recall what they went through. Some day, today will be the
*olden days.* (~_^)

What's good about the Olden Days? They aren't coming back.