Re: [IP] MM and a surprise bill from 2001?

>  I got a bill from them saying that I owe my copay of 301.00 from the
> entire year of 2001.  I find that hard to believe that I did not pay them
for the
> entire year.  If I did not pay them as they claim then I would probably
not be
> getting my supplies in 2002 and 2003, which I did and am getting with no
>  problem. > ~Donna K

You are not alone. I too recently received a bill from MM going back to
2001. I also have been receiving my supplies all along. What I think is
happening is that, even though they have a "negotiated rate" with the
insurance company (in this case, Aetna), they are trying to recover the
difference between what insurance pays and MM's "retail" price, which
according to my calculations is as much as 40%. Maybe Medtronic, after
buying MM, decided to try to wring out all the old "collectibles" they

So I will be calling them Monday to see what can be done to put this to bed.