[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V7 #642

In a message dated 11/8/2003 6:30:15 AM Central Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:
Happy Birthday!  And thanks for posting such a positive message -- as mom to
an 11-year old with diabetes, its hard to imagine living for 37 years with
this disease.  Congratulations and thanks for the post!Hi all...

I would like to second this thought.  I'm a mom to a 12-year old with
 diabetes, and it gives me such a boost to read a post like yours, Kathy, as
well as
 the others who have been so successful at managing their diabetes over the long
term.  It really does help me stay focused and postive, and that helps my son
do the same.  Happy Birthday and thank you!
Kathy had written:
Just wanted to let you know that I am so happy that today, I have reached 50
years of age!!!  Seems like such a milestone in my life having had diabetes
for 37 years and all the complications that go along with it...

I'm throwing myself a party tomorrow calling it "Celebrating 50 Years of

Just wanted to pass this along to all the "newer" diabetics and especially
the youngsters.